Lash Care Tips
How to apply SJW Luxe Collections Lash Strips
- Gently remove the lashes from the tray by holding the band of the lashes. Avoid pulling too hard on the lashes when removing, and do not pull on the individual strands. During this process we highly recommend you apply eyeliner to create a natural look which in return will help to blend the overall look.
- Compare lash length with natural eye line length. Trim excess from the outer corner.
- Apply mascara to natural lashes before applying Coco Mink Lashes.
- Apply a thin layer of lash glue to the lash band. Let dry 10-20 second
- Gently place them as close to your lash line. Secure both corners by pressing down.
Removing Lashes Properly: Soak a cotton ball with non-oil based makeup remover and tap onto the lash line, then remove lashes.
It is recommended that you clean your lash extensions to help keep bacteria away from your eye that could cause redness and agitation. You can also prolong the life of your lashes by cleaning them.
Step #1: Peel off the glue residue
If you look closely enough, you'll see the remaining strip of adhesive stuck on the base of your lash extensions. You'll want to peel the remaining off so it’s ready to be re-glued during their next use.
Step #2: Create a cleaning solution
Fill a small bowl or sink with warm water and a little bit of soap. You can also add liquid makeup remover
Step #3: Clean the lashes
Submerge your false lashes into your water/cleaning solution and gently rub them to encourage mascara or other makeup to dissolve off of them.
Step #4: Let them dry
Check the lashes for any remaining residue, and then set them in a clean place to dry. If you're in a hurry, you can also pat them dry.
If you neglect to clean your lashes, you'll have a hard time reapplying them next time and soon you'll have false lashes caked in makeup. By keeping them nice and clean, you'll get more uses out of them in the long run and keep your eyes safe and bacteria-free!
Now that you know what’s involved in the application, removal, and cleaning process of false lashes, you can see that using them isn't so intimidating. The first couple of times you try, you may fumble a bit while putting them on. Have fun trying out all kinds of different lashes to help achieve your signature look!